Friday, April 21, 2023

A Quickie Post

This has been a busy week- family stuff, yard work, etc.  My exhibit at the local Public Library has been extended through May.  Now I need to get there and do some rearranging and refreshing of the display.  I also have three more quilts that I will take and possibly change out some.  A few pieces have gone to new homes, also.  

Here is a quilt that is still available and is one of my favorites: Starry Night in Alabama. 
We took the quilt to a local park for photos and met this adorable puppy and his owner.  So we got him to pose with the quilt.   This is the photo from my website. 

Since there is a lovely "doggy face" I am linking this to the Friday Face Off at Nicole's blog
Have a wonderful day! 
Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, or should I say doggie, Gene. That quilt is out of this world. My grandmother would have been pleased. She detested points that didn't line up correctly. This is an absolutely STUNNING quilt, Gene. I am in total awe. For me, I could never make anything like this. If I can't tear the fabric, I probably won't use it! I also like the name of the quilt, too.

Christine said...

Lovely, and congrats on the exhibit extension.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the colors in that beautiful quilt!! The "doggy face" is cute - ;))

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic quilt, and the doggie looks great on it! Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Wow! You have been busy. Thanks for taking time to join FFO with this beautiful quilt and the little cutie. Have a great day today.

Vicki W said...

How nice to have your exhibit extended!

Iris Flavia said...

YOu amaze me every time with your quilts!
We got another weight-blanket. It´s light grey. So boring!

My name is Erika. said...

That's exciting that your exhibit has been continued. Your quilts are gorgeous Gene. I especially like how you photographed Starry Nights in Alabama. Good luck with your rearranging. Happy weekend-Erika

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great that your quilts will show for longer. BTW, I made your peanut butter & cream cheese dark chocolate fudge cake this week and it was a hit with my hubby's family. My sister-in-law even asked for the recipe after the first bite.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your doggie looks bored, but your quilt is anything but ... Beautiful, Beautiful. I hope someone buys it to make their home more appealing :) I am guessing you can make a good living on your beautiful work. Happy Spring to you, Gene ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

wow, Starry Night in Alabama is really a beautiful one. I love it.