Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Mademoiselle LaFleur - a start

On Monday, I decided to start another face while I was (not-so) patiently waiting for the mail to arrive.  Here is the point I got to while I was waiting.  There is still a bit of work to go. 

For this face, I decided to try some Inktense pencils for some of the features -and to adjust the color of some of the fabrics.  At this point, all of the facial features are made with the pencils.  I will of course be adding stitches for more definition.  Some white paint will be added to put a small highlight in the eyes. 

The red flower headdress is made of another piece that I started and was not happy with the composition. Luckily I had just fuse-tacked the pieces in place, so most of them were able to be salvaged.  I think they made a nice headdress.  Perhaps you remember this lady's niece, "Flower Girl"
She was my first in the series of faces.  I had made one face prior, but I don't count that one in the series.  Flower Girl actually has flowers in place of her hair. Mme. LaFleur wears a flower headdress to support her unusual niece.  
I can certainly see that my style and my skill has increased as I have continued to make these faces. 
However, I am thinking that perhaps I need to start a new series.  I just need an idea that sparks my creativity. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow! This is amazing. I can't wait to see all the face in this series. Have a great day today.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Another GREAT addition to your face series - and it's so nice that she is supporting her unusual niece! You could so a series of flowers next - you certainly have an "eye" for them - ;))