Saturday, August 19, 2023

A bit of progress

Yesterday  I got the joining strips ready for the three pieces of my quilt that I have finished quilting.  I don't have photos of the three sections of quilt, but here are the joining strips, ready to be used. 

The quilt is very scrappy, so I thought the joining strips should be just as scrappy. 
Plus, these strips will repeat fabrics in the front and back of the quilt and add a few new fabrics just because I wanted to do  it. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 

 Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the joining strips - it's going to be beautiful - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think making these scrappy will make them less noticeable as a joining strip. Good choice.

roentare said...

It feels tibetan

peppylady (Dora) said...

One could make a braid or crochet rug out of those strips.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Danice G said...

It always looks good to repeat colors used in the front and back of a quilt. The joining strips are colorful, and looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

Jeanna said...

Those strips look great. I can't wait to see the whole quilt finished. I finished the secret sewing project and it is now with the long-armer. I need to get the binding strips together when we get back to NC.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I need to learn how to join quilt as you go quilt blocks. Quilting something smaller is much easier than quilting something large, especially since I straight line quilt, not free motion quilt.