Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Section #2 quilted

You may remember that I told you that I am quilting this quilt in three sections. Yesterday afternoon, I finished quilting section #2.  The photos below are from the back of the quilt.  This quilt backing is pieced so that I can use the quilt with either side up depending entirely on my mood. 




This lovely fabric was gifted to me. As this quilt is for MY bed, I am sure I get to keep it and enjoy it. 

As you can see, I use a variety of quilting motifs.  And yes, I make up some of them as I go. As long as the tension is good and the quilt is going to hold together, I am happy with it. 
I love the textures that quilting creates. This quilt will have a wonderful texture. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

WOW! Fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW! I LOVE it!! The variety amazes me - and the texture is wonderful!!!! - ;))

Jeanna said...

You are doing some fun and gorgeous quilting on this one, Gene. I love the texture, too!

roentare said...

Such a beautiful fabric it seems to wrap around ourselves in winter

Carolyn said...

The quilting looks amazing! I mostly do computerized quilting, but free motion is my first love. Good job!

Vicki W said...

Such wonderful texture!

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

Looks great Gene. Thank you for linking up.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That looks great. I just took a walking foot quilting class yesterday from Catherine Redford. I've been wanting to take her class for over a decade, but it keeps being offered when I'm out of town.