Friday, July 28, 2023

A Face in the Floor

One of the interesting things that the human brain does is to see human features in inanimate objects. At a friend's house, I saw this in the flooring:
I see eyes and a nose.  It reminds me of ET.

And here is my "face" singing an older song. 
You may need to click the play button twice or use this YouTube link
https://youtu.be/Sel-rwcUOyA

 I am linking up with DVArtist/Nicole for the Friday Face Off



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Gene, the face in the floor is great, well spotted. The video doens't play, sorry! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Jeanna said...

I instantly thought of ET when I saw the face in the floor. I'll have to go to your YouTube channel to listen to the video. Enjoy your weekend.

Tom said...

...I love looking at woodgrain to find interesting things. Keep the music playing.

DVArtist said...

I love the woodgrain face and your face singing a song. Thank you for sharing with FFO have the best day today.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Floor Face is so neat! And wow, you're both an artist and a musician, eh? Is that a Willie Nelson song you're covering? Great!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I instantly saw ET, too! And I always enjoy your videos - thanks for sharing - ;))

Iris Flavia said...

I ages ago read why we see faces in inhuman things - I do, too and have one bloggy-friend who collects them.
What a bitter-sweet song. You´re a great musician, too.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I can see a face in the floor but it doesn't remind me of ET.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I sure hope it doesn't wink.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

roentare said...

Looks like a cat face!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My friend sent me a photo of her scraped knee. It looks like a big mouth with only one eye. The 'face' was the first thing I saw. Funny how we can find faces in so many places.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm also amazed at how the brain interprets what the eyes perceive. I also saw the ET inspired face in the floor. Just wonderful. Loved your music, too.

Christine said...

Good flooring face and nice song!

My name is Erika. said...

I love how knotty wood can look like a face, and this floor area really does. Great find Gene. And you can really sing, unlike me who can't carry a tune for beans. Have a great weekend.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, that´s a great face :) :)