Friday, April 12, 2024

Trunk Show for a Quilt Guild

On Tuesday, April 9th,  I had the pleasure of presenting a trunk show for a local quilt guild. The plans for this started way back in June of 2023.  The lady who was scheduling the programs for the guild had seen my work in the local public library display.  We probably emailed at least 20 times prior to the event.  
I must say it was certainly a fun time.  I arrived early so that I got to see all of the show and tell quilts and items from the guild members. 

Here are the photos of some of my presentation. 



This next quilt is one that I haven't shown on my blog previously. 

It was created from lots of pieces from practicing free motion quilting. The first photo is the "back" 



Then here is the front. Honestly either side can be used as the front and face up on the bed.


Below is my Roy G Biv quilt. The colors of the rainbow set on a field of black.


Below is another bright and colorful quilt in a bargello style. (the group went "oooooh!")


Next is the back of a quilt - no picture of the front of this one here. Bu you can find it 





Yes we looked at LOTS of quilts and had a great time. 
As my face is in lots of these photos, I am linking to the Friday Face Off with Nicole.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

Lyndsey said...

The trunk show sounds fun and I have really enjoyed the virtual version. Beautiful quilts Gene, I love your use of colour and that you put colours together that shouldn't work but do. Also great use of small pieces of fabric especially in the 'back' of your practicing FMQ quilt.

roentare said...

You knitted the best quilts out there

Tom said...

...Gene, the second one is my favorite, it's a color explosion. Enjoy your weekend.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Quilt making is an artwork in itself and one I wish I had learned. My late MIL enjoyed making them and we have a few of them. It looks like you had a lot of fun at the event showing and sharing.

Christine said...

Wonderful show

Iris Flavia said...

I go with the "oooooh!"!!! Wonderful - so sad quilts are not common here! And sad I cannot do it myself. Also: Nice to see you - happy Friday :-)

DVArtist said...

As I have said before, you are the master quilter. I am very impressed with all of them. So nice to see your face in many of the photos. Thank you for sharing this fun time with FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you had a great presentation. I bet they were interested in the quilt as you go technique that you use in your large quilts.

Jeanna said...

WHat a wonderful presentation of your beautiful quilts. I'm sure there were a lot of ooooos and ahhhhhs.

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Gene, these quilts are gorgeous. You are a very talented quilter, and I enjoyed seeing these. Have a great weekend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, your quilts are FABULOUS! Hugs, Valerie

Vicki W said...

I'm sure everyone loved your quilt show!

Barwitzki said...

Oh yes, great.
Wonderful works. I am absolutely thrilled.
These beautiful color pictures! It's a joy to examine every detail...especially your quilt patterns. Great.
Many many thanks. It's a real pleasure... and yes, I would have loved to have been there for your talk.
Lots of joy and happiness.
Happy regards.
Viola