Thursday, October 10, 2024

A little Project

Last week I was in a local shop chatting with the husband and wife team that own the store.  Somehow, the wife didn't know that I make stuff. Ha ha!  Honestly, I know them because I was in a play with the husband.   As the conversation went, she said " What do you make?" - Her husband said "Quilts" - I laughed and said "Yes quilts but lots of other things too."  I showed her some pictures from my website and blog.  When she saw my notebook covers, she asked pricing and we discussed it.  She said "I will take five of those."  I knew that I had some made, but I wanted to make a couple of new ones also.  
Hmmm..... family issues cut the time for that down to one.  I already had a stash of them - because I love making them and they are great gifts.   
I will be taking in 9 or 10 for her to choose from.  Here is the newest - and I am confident that she will chose this as one of her selection. 
Front

Full Cover

Front inside pocket with label. 

I love adding an inside pocket for a pen/pencil or other small trinket.   I hope that these move quickly in the shop.  It could become a nice little source of pocket money for me. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds great, I hope they like your quilted covers and that they sell well. Hugs, Valerie

Jeanna said...

Love the fabrics in this one, Gene. The perfectly placed bird will grab her attention for sure. Good luck.

roentare said...

The quilt is so exquisite!

Tom said...

...you need a stash! Be well, Gene.

Vicki W said...

That was a nice order! I'm not surprised though. Your notebook covers are so nice!

Jennifer said...

I can vouch for how well made they are.