Thursday, October 17, 2024

Painting Fabric Fun

Last evening, I had some fun.  I was ironing some fabrics to use for upcoming projects (time permitting) when I thought, I need to paint some more fabric with my fabric paints.  I saw a fat quarter (18"x21") that was a light tan with a white print over it.  I knew that this type of print will resist the paint. FYI it will also resist dye if you choose to dye it. 
I ironed it and took it to the painting area. I used most of the colors - because "Why not?!?!  

The front, showing the resisted pattern/print. 
Then:

The back, where very little of the resist shows.
Either side will work, and I may use some of both.
The plan in my mind is to cut it into three 7" strips to make into notebook covers. 
I will need to add extra fabric to each cover, so maybe I will cut a strip into two longer pieces. 
Perhaps I will use the front of one of those and the back of the other. 

I love how this came out and I plan to paint more fabric. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Both sides of that fabric will make nice notebook covers.