Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Putting it together

Now that you have cut your pieces with your AccuQuilt GO! or your rotary cutter (the hard way).  And (I hope) you made all of your hourglass blocks (also known as "quarter square triangle blocks")  It is time to put the blocks together and make the quilt.

First you will make four of block A.   This will take 4 hourglass blocks,3 green squares, one pink square and one blue square.
Follow the diagram below joining rows first, then joining the rows into a big block.
Next make four of block B.   This will take 4 hourglass blocks, 4 green squares and  one pink square.  Follow the diagram below. 
Finally, make ONE of block C.   This will take 4 hourglass blocks, 4 BLUE squares, one pink square. Follow the diagram below. 

You will now have the 9 blocks needed to make the quilt.  
You will follow the diagram and join these exactly like you did for making the blocks. 
Now join the rows into a quilt  top:
.
You can add borders if you like to increase the size.  
Thanks to the AccuQuilt GO! cutter this was extremely easy to do. 

If you wanted to make Quilt #1 don't cut any BLUE squares.  Instead make 8 blue/pink hourglass blocks.  Substitute them in place of the blue squares in the above directions. 

If you wanted to make Quilt #3, you will simply make all nine blocks  like Block B. This is the easiest one to make as you don't have to pay as much attention to how the blocks are rotated. 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial mini-series.  I confess that I have NOT finished my top yet, but it is very close. When I get it finished you will see it  here. 


For your convenience I am adding links below to each step of this mini-series. 


Then to the current post for the final instructions. 

I would LOVE to see your creations using the tutorial.  For that purpose I have created a Flickr Group where you can add your picture. 

OOOH! don't forget that October 1st is the BIG AccuQuilt Announcement.  What is AccuQuilt expecting????
.

13 comments:

Pat said...

You have done an excellent job with this.....too bad I have been too busy to sew along. :-(

Sandy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day and some delicious cake too..... lovin your blog and these instructions- Sandy

Pat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday....Pat sent me over...

Val said...

A little birdie name Pat told me that it was your birthday. So Happy Birthday! I LOVE your blog! I will be back.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the work that went into this post boggles my mind. I know, you said it was easy, but still...
By the way, Hippo Birdie To Ewe! :)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to yooooo
Happy Birthday to yooooo
Happy Birthday deeeeeeear Geeeeeene
Happy Birthday to yooooo

And maaaaaanyyyyyy mooooooore...

Winona said...

Gene, Pat sent me over to tell you happy birthday! I hope you have a great one. Winona

Denise :) said...

Happy birthday, Gene! I hope you have a truly wonderful day!! :)

Rita said...

Happy Birthday....Pat sent me over...your blog looks great!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Happy Birthday, Gene! Will you be GOing out for dinner or GOing any place special for your day? :-) I don't have a GO! so I can't make anything from your tutorial but it's very clear so I know you'll have many that will enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Gene..we have missed you at quilt guild meeting the past couple of months...hopefully we will see you soon. Lots of good stuff going on there. I love your blog!...check mine out too... www.quiltwithdoodlemoochie.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Oh...YOu are having a birthday!!! Happy Birthday! Love your tutorial, you make it look so easy