Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

I am re-sharing a picture of a wall hanging that I designed and made for my Nana.  Now, you should know that Nana is not related to my by blood.  Rather she is my Nana by mutual choice.  I consider her a gift from God.
So making this was an act of love. It is not nearly as well made as I would like, but she would not allow me to take it back and remake once she had it.  We both love the use of batiks in it.
"Radiating Love" 
I hope you have a blessed Easter.  He is RISEN.  The Lord is Risen indeed!


10 comments:

Barbara said...

Yay for Nanas of all kinds, related and chosen (I'm also known as
Nana). I can see why your Nana
would not let his of this piece! It's perfect in it's imperfect state, just like us.
Happy Easter too!

SeeingStars said...

Thanks for sharing! Your half square triangles make the cross radiate. He is risen indeed.

Tangos Treasures said...

I Love it!! Yes we all have angels to care about us!
"I hope you have a blessed Easter. He is RISEN. The Lord is Risen indeed!" back to you too!!

sewfunquilts said...

Yes, Beautiful quilt, Gene...Radiant.

Praise God! Happy Easter!

~Laurie~ said...

What a wonderful message! Yes, He is risen. Your post made me smile today - made me think of my two beloved Nanas - hopefully looking down upon me. Thank you :)

Miss Hillbilly said...

WOW Gene, I love it very much!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Happy Easter to you Gene! Love your quilt and your heart.

Smiles,
Kelly

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's really lovely Gene.

Happy Easter,
Nana Billie :)))

Snoodles said...

YES! He is risen, and thank you for this post. Your gift to your Nana is just beautiful!

Melissa said...

I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday. The wall hanging for you Nana is beautiful. The people we choose to have in our lives are so special and it is so wonderful to be able to honor them and create for them.