Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Winner! and more eye candy

Apparently my email got "lost in the ether" as we geeky guys say.  I did get in touch with the winner. Give a big congratulations to Linda.
Linda said:Eat, Sleep, QuiltApr 3, 2012 07:31 AM


Gene, what a lovely star block - I'm a fan of stars! Thanks for the tutorials, I like both video and written instructions, but if I had to choose I'd take the words-and-picture format because I can print it and take it to my sewing room.

You make the wavy seam look so easy, thanks again!

Linda will be receiving the fabric and Aurifil thread.  Thanks to you all for your comments.   I learned a few things from you.

Now the eye candy.  This is a painting that I did a few years ago.  I am still undecided if it is finished or if I should go in and add to it.


Land of Fire
by Gene Black
Of course the big question is "what would I add to it?"   Yeah, I don't really expect you to answer that but if you have an epiphany, please let me know. 






10 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Reminds me of an Arizona sunset in the Vermillion Cliffs, I would leave it as it...but you are the artist! Very nice!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh geez Gene...you know I totally stink at such things...I say anything but a jar of mayo. See, I told you I stink!

Giggles,
Kelly

Marcia W. said...

a hint of a few birds in the sky -- or a rain cloud -- or some type of a desert vehicle in the foreground -- I agree it needs a "thing" perhaps an off-center focal point with an object
do you think this is why I'm not an artist?

Snoodles said...

LOL No epiphany here, but a sincere compliment - I love it as it is! If you do add something, show it again. I love to see your art works.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I think it's perfect just like it is.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Great painting, I like what you've done! I used to watch Bob Ross (and still watch him in re-runs)... if he were here he wouldn't be able to resist adding a "happy little tree" to the scene. Maybe one without leaves, with jagged, broken off limbs and an almost-live tangle of vines trailing off somewhere.

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting! My daughter is very artistic and she says that for her the hardest part is knowing when to be done with a project. I am, sadly, not artistic at all, so I wouldn't begin to offer you an opinion. But I do love it just the way it is!

Marjorie said...

I love it just the way it is. Those colors are spectacular--the depth is wonderful--would love to see it in person.

Nancy Sue said...

Gene, I love this!!! I find my eyes gravitating to the layered shadows, imagining what is there.....hummm...uh...this comment makes perfect sense in my brain...not so much on paper :) Anyway, LOVE IT!! You are soooo talented!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats to Linda! Beautiful art work Gene, you are so creative!