Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'll Tumble for ya'

No, this post is not about the eighties band Culture Club.  Ha ha. If you missed yesterday's post about a surprise for my mom you can read it HERE.   Last weekend I showed you the beginnings of a tumbler quilt.  This weekend, between all the other things I have to do, I plan to work on it some more. Last night (Friday) I cut out a stack of tumbler shapes (bottom of photo.)

The other part,  the part of a top I did last week top right,)  is already quilted and waiting for some friends to join it.  I also had some left over sections from last weekend (top left.)

Hopefully, I will have time to at least piece one more section of the top.  If I am really really lucky, I will get it layered and quilted.  Then I will join the pieces using the "Finish Almost Any Quilt" method.

Quiting close-ups


7 comments:

Barb said...

I will have to look up that finish almost any quilt....thanks!...Keep on a tumbling!

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL I love that song!! Good luck on getting finished!!

Snoodles said...

I love tumbler quilts....apple core too! I think the simple things are the best. Love your journal cover for your mom -- I think she'll love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Gene I love the tumble block...you are almost there so keep it a tumbling.....

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

You know I know that song!

Giggles,
Kelly

Rhonda said...

Gene, you are so like me.... can't sit still for too long.... love the Tumbler project.

Kate Brown said...

How do you like that method of finishing? I looked up the book and might give it a try. Keep things from being too intimidating. I love your tumblers!