Wednesday, May 02, 2012

An Explanation and a Painting

First is the explanation.  I have been quiet for a few days.  The fact is I have nothing made from this time to show.  Life has gotten in they way of sewing.  I did get an email telling me that I won a nifty ruler called "Angler 2"  so I will tell you about it when I get it.

As many of you know, I was once a very active painter.  I have numerous canvases and paintings on watercolor paper adorning my home.   I have even more paintings in stacks and boxes.  Ha ha..maybe in years to come (after I am gone) I will get discovered and they will sell for millions.  (just kidding)

I am going to share this painting that I named "Herewith"
This is a somewhat abstract night scene landscape with the moon peeking out from a smoky blue cloud. The moon is reflected several times on the "watery" surfaces in the landscape. To me, the mood of this painting is somewhat mysterious and romantic.  One of the things I love most about this painting is the color scheme and intensity.  Is it any wonder that I like to use batiks, brights and hand dyed fabrics?

9 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful painting Gene!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one GENE! BRVO friend...keep painting and share them with us!

Cyndi said...

I agree with Pat above...that painting is awesome! I love seeing your work, and hope that you share much more with us. You definitely are a multifaceted and talented man!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Unknown said...

I just saw on the news where "the scream" painting sold for MILLIONS............that will be you someday

Dot Moore said...

Love, love this painting. The colors are wonderful and yes I can understand your choice of batiks in your quilts.

Gene Black said...

Dot, I hope you see this. You are a "no reply" blogger, so I couldn't send you an email. Thanks for commenting.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Makes me want to take a walk in the moonlight. Beautiful!

Pat said...

Even I saw the moon in this...and you know how I am about abstract art! LOL

Snoodles said...

I think this painting is amazing....I like the moon peeping out. Keep on painting -- we love seeing the results!