Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Mark It, not Market

A lot of bloggers are posting about quilt market.  With my full time job, that is just not something I can handle now.  So instead of Market,  I am posting about "Mark it" as in "mark your spot in that book you are reading.
The last couple of weeks have been interesting to say the least.  I have been helping a friend who had surgery and then went back into the hospital after a sudden scare with his heart.  Good news there, he is doing well.  There are still a number of things he simply can't do, as he cannot bear weight on his foot.  So I am helping.  Of course this falls on top of my regular duties helping Mom and just "visitin'" with her.  Last evening we went out to supper and did a little shopping. 

I am not complaining at all; just trying to explain why my usual posting has changed.  I am enjoying caring for them both.  (Hey, I like feeling needed!)  However, when I have some down time, I do like to just have some being time, time to rest and refresh.  Hence, not much else gets done.
 However, I did take an hour to sew out two little book marks (see I did get back to that!)

Rose bookmarks each is 1.33"(w) x 3.87"(h)
These are the same design, just a different color. I love the open rose design.  This free standing lace reminds me of cutwork.
Anyway, one of these is a "semi-surprise" for a friend -said friend sometimes reads this blog.  The other was made with a thought in mind. I haven't done any swaps in a while.  So here is my proposal:
If you have something you would like to offer to swap for the extra one, tell me what it is (and if you can, a picture would be nice.)  Tell me which of these you would prefer to get. ( the surprise can wait a bit, and I don't care which I send to the surprisee.)  Due to postage this is USA only. 
I will leave this open a day or so and post the results when it is closed.

CLOSED!  I decided to trade with Donna for the book. I love the idea of trading a bookmark for a book. Ha ha. It has a certain irony to it that I find amusing. 

9 comments:

Average Quilter said...

I like those alot. I've been meaning to make some but....

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your bookmarks are beautiful. I can't think of thing you would want of mine but I know your friend will love either one of them.

Tangos Treasures said...

Tee hee your funny with your "Mark It"!! They are beautiful!! Sending healing prayers for your friend!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'll give you my house and all it's mess for the red book mark...ROLF...just kidding :)

You are so wonderful...I know you love caring for your Mom and your friend...cuz you have such a wonderful heart!

Nice book marks :)

Kelly

Donana said...

Have you ever read a book you like so much that you want to give it away so someone else can read it and laugh too? I've got "Stash Envy and Other Quilting Confessions & Adventures" up for grabs.

Barb said...

That is just like you always doing for others...what a blessing you are to your mom and friend. Love the book marks.

Snoodles said...

I don't think I have anything that you'd want for a swap...but I did want to say I think those bookmarks are lovely. I know what you are going through, as I maintain two households, too. Get some "me" time, my friend, and take care!

Unknown said...

You do such beautiful work, Gene! Your friend will be so happy! I KNOW I don't have anything you would want to swap! Ha! Your Mom and friend are so lucky to have you help them! You've got such a big heart! :)

Kate Brown said...

I have loved these bookmarks since you posted about them earlier. So pretty and delicate. I am sure your friend will be thrilled with either of them. Unfortunately I have nothing trade as I am still in the collecting mode!
I hope your friend is doing better, your family and friends are so blessed to have you!