Monday, May 28, 2012

More Stamped Fabric - And Memorial Day

Later in the day Saturday, I did stamp another piece of fabric with just the leaf stamp. Again I can't decide which picture I like best so you get to see them both!


I can't get them to line up side by side. If you know an easy way to do that in Blogger, let me in on the secret.

In honor of Memorial Day I am continuing to support the Quilts of Valor. Iowa Public television has filmed a show on Quilts of Valor and there is a clip. My thanks to Marjorie for sharing it. Now I am sharing it with you .  I confess I wiped my eyes once or twice.



I happen to be in the age range of Mary Lou Metzger (I think I am several years younger.) I do still remember knowing people who were drafted and sent to Vietnam. So that part got to me.

Hug a Veteran today and tell them "Thank you for my freedom."

8 comments:

Pat said...

I like the fabric stamped with just the leaf. Gary was in Vietnam, so I can really relate to that, also.

Linda said...

How pretty!
If it's any comfort, i also have a horrible time trying to get pictures where I want them in blogger!
My husband's best friend was #1 in the draft. We were in college and really sweating it. His number was pretty high, so he was able to finish school. Not a good time, but we are so thankful for those who served!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I bring in the first photo, don't enlarge it, leave the cursor to the right of that photo. Bring in the second one and then play with it a few minutes trying to drag it and get it to go where you want it. I never get it on the first try and if I enlarge the photos, even though there is space for them side by side on the blog page, it won't work in our small post design spot.

Teresa Quilts said...

Loved the video, Gene. Also, I like your stamped fabric with just the leaves. It is very pretty.

Pat Merkle said...

Love the stamped fabric!

Snoodles said...

I absolutely love the leaf fabric! I find it so interesting in the different colors, repeating that shape on the fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with that!
Thanks for making us a video. (^_^)
I tried to place things side by side before and failed. Sorry I can't help you there....

Kate Brown said...

I really love the leaf stamp in all the pretty colors. You almost have me convinced to try to make a stamp :)

Barb said...

Your stamped fabric is amazing.