Friday, May 25, 2012

QOV Posted

I suppose some of you have wondered what I am doing this week. One evening was Mom's birthday, so I was out later than usual and didn't get any sewing done.
The other evenings, I worked on getting my Quilts of Valor blocks finished.  I decided that I would never make it to get the quilt completed in time.  So I opted to send in blocks.  That meant that I had to up the size of the blocks to 12.5" by 12.5"   No problem, just time consuming.
I got them all done. Yesterday, this stack of 25 blocks:

consisting of Stars, Wavy bars, and a few embroidered star blocks went into a Priority mail envelope and they are winging their way to the Linharts for the QOV challenge.  I really hope they send me a picture of the completed quilt, but I am not holding my breath.  They have lots to do without satisfying my whims. The important thing is that some soldier, active or retired, will get a warm quilt that was made with love.

I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend.


7 comments:

ooglebloops said...

Very patriotic - I love the wavy bars!!! Nice that they will put it all together for you!! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Linda said...

Have a wonderful time this weekend!

Pat said...

Nice blocks and I'm sure the completed quilt will mean a lot to the person who is lucky enough to get it. Have a relaxing weekend.

Barb said...

Love your stars

Kate Brown said...

They look so pretty, I bet they look awesome all done up into a quilt. Maybe you will get to see it finished on their page when they present it to a deserving soldier!

Unknown said...

great stars and wavy bars......

Snoodles said...

Love your blocks...I sent them a couple, too. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to follow your blocks to the soldier who received them? :) Thanks for participating.