Sunday, May 06, 2012

Saturday Afternoon Sewing

Saturday morning I went to a Floriani Event and met Beth Moon who is one of their educators.  She talks Southern, being from Alabama, so we had a great time.  I learned a few new things and brushed up my stabilizer knowledge.

Then I spent the afternoon and evening sewing on my Tumbler quilt.  I did two more sections -which will complete the top.

I also used up some scraps and extra strips and charms to "make cloth" -i.e. piece the back.   Funny thing is I like the back piece as much or better than the front.

My buddy said " Hey!  That tan strip has a problem- it gets skinnier toward the end"  I said "Yes I know, but the green one next to it does too.  They just face opposite directions so it works out."
LOL...there is always a critic!  (just kidding)
The nice part about this is that I had very little cutting to do - the tumblers were already cut and I still have spares! So it was nice mindless sewing for the most part.  I am still helping the buddy that had surgery.  A week or so after the surgery, he (probably) threw a small blood clot and went into atrial fibrillation.  After a few days in the hospital and numerous scans, he was sent home on a blood thinner.  He is currently doing well, but still needs help occasionally.  (so I am zoinked - I need a vacation.) If the posts are sparse for a bit, or I don't comment on your blogs, forgive me .
I am thankful for all my friends and readers. Today in church one of our sopranos and I sang a duet.  I am told we did well.  It is a real joy to sing praises.  Have a great week, y'all (you folks, people,  you'se guys, etc)

9 comments:

Barbara said...

The tumblers are always striking, but I as well love your back art! Catching up, I also love your abstract painting. Thank goodness your buddy did well after a clot, not always the case. You must be drained! Good wishes all around.

Barbara said...

The tumblers are always striking, but I as well love your back art! Catching up, I also love your abstract painting. Thank goodness your buddy did well after a clot, not always the case. You must be drained! Good wishes all around.

Barbara said...

The tumblers are always striking, but I as well love your back art! Catching up, I also love your abstract painting. Thank goodness your buddy did well after a clot, not always the case. You must be drained! Good wishes all around.

Barbara said...

The tumblers are always striking, but I as well love your back art! Catching up, I also love your abstract painting. Thank goodness your buddy did well after a clot, not always the case. You must be drained! Good wishes all around.

Tangos Treasures said...

The tumbler''s are looking great, love the pieced back!! Glad your buddy is feeling better!! I'm with ya on the vacation!!!

sewfunquilts said...

Sometimes the "mindless sewing" is more fun than concentrated. Sure glad your friend is okay...that's serious business, as you know.

Snoodles said...

It does lift your spirits to sing praises, doesn't it?! Kinda like a mini-vacation....but I'm in the same boat - would love some time off! I love tumblers, so that one is a winner, but I really like the back! Great job!
(Scrolled down to see your fabric loot from TM....oh, man I gotta get there!! LOL

Kate Brown said...

I love your tumblers and love what you did with the back,you are much more confident than I! I did do a different strip of multi colors on my grandsons playmat and I love it. Just need to think more creative I guess.
I am so glad your friend is ok. Blood clots are scary things. He is so lucky to have you watching over him. Just make sure to take time for yourself to rest. Caretakers sometimes forget they need care too!!!! OMG and you sing too! Multitalented or what! hehe
Blessings to you and your friend!

Susan Entwistle said...

I love piecing backs, and I especially love yours. To think that I used to go out and buy backing and match up the pattern so it looked like one huge piece . I did the Floriani event a while back. Amazing software (especially the updated for free part), but I've gotta learn to use my embroidery module first.