Saturday, February 16, 2013

Almost -sigh

Almost, but not quite.  I was so ready to get started, but something went wrong.
You see, I had plans to make this adorable little dress for my great niece.
I have this pattern that I won.  It is called "Peaceout" by OliveAnn Designs.


Well you know that I don't usually make clothing.  It has been ages since I needed or wanted to read a pattern for clothing. But my niece loved this fabric for it.

Sweet Tooth Rock Candy by Anthology Fabrics 

I had already made a working copy of the pattern (it is several sizes and I want to make a larger version for her older sister.)  I cut out adequate fabric and ironed it neatly. I started laying out the pattern and went "Oops!"
There where I had not looked before was a requirement for lining fabric. How did I miss that?
So I have laid it aside and will work on it another day.
No sewing today, but I did at least pet the nice fabric. Have you been sewing?

I will post more about this as I actually work on it. (I also looked on Pinterest for something else to make for her with the fabric, but I think I will wait and make this dress. The problem was that I got lost on Pinterest and didn't make anything! )

I also need to tell you that there is a great giveaway at A Yankee in Queen Liz's Court.  The prize is a very cool lighting system for your sewing machine.  I would love to win it.

14 comments:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Well, at least you found your way back to your blog after getting lost in PinterestLand. ;-) I could see that fabric as a really cute tote bag for sleepover nights.

Sue said...

I am impressed that you are making clothing, even if you need to wait for lining fabric........I'd still be drifting around Pinterest.. I'm easily distracted.

limpingalong said...

I'm glad you are sewing -- I FINALLY cut off my robe -- had hemmed it up by hand but as time went by it kept needing to be rehemmed. This time I cut it and machine stitched a hem in it -- a hem that is short enough so I don't trip over it. Why did it take me so long? Perhaps because it wasn't a quilt!

Barbara said...

Pretty fabric, and it will all work out!

kadyb said...

Love the fabric, and it will make a beautiful dress. I'm impressed that you didn't get permanently lost on Pinterest. I avoid it completely so I don't have that problem. :)

kadybird2002 at yahoo dot com

Chartreuse Moose said...

Ugh...surprises! Would it be possible to find a jazzy contrast fabric for the lining pieces in your stash??? Save a special trip out and put smiles on your nieces face!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a lucky little girl. At least you are all ready to start when you get the lining.

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

Cute fabric and dress. It is so easy to get side tracked on pinterest. There is some amazing stuff out there.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Aw geez....that's no fun. I can so relate though because things like that happen to me.

I made 4 blocks for my guild raffle and that's all this week.

Glad you got to pet the beautiful fabric...it is beautiful.

Smiles,
Kelly

Cindy said...

Pinterest does have a way of letting you "drift"...LOL

Beth said...

You are brave than I am, I don't do clothes. LOL I would have cut the fabric wrong no doubt. At least you are started.
Pinterest is great fun, but boy you can really get lost for a long time.
Have a great day.

Royce said...

Gene wandering off into garment land is a journey I've seldom made. I did borrow a pattern from a friend to try PJ pants but that is about my limit. Patterns seem to be written in another language.
The fact you returned from Pintrest at all is a wonder. It sucks me in sometimes and I loose all track of time. I can't not go there thou, so many great ideas.

Barb said...

Well you have a good start...love the fabric.

Rhonda said...

That happens to me "all" the time. It's good that you caught before you'd sewn everything together!!