Saturday, April 13, 2013

Don't Pay the Ransom!

No, I have not been kidnapped, so don't pay the ransom. Ha ha.   Yes, it has been a few days since I posted here, but I am fine.    I have not wanted to start any big new project as I am off Monday to start a class. I will be in a class taught by two of the Gee's Bend Quilters and I am excited.
The class is SOLD OUT according to the website. I put out an invitation on this blog back in December.  Then I promptly forgot to register. Then in March, I remembered and registered.  The next time I looked it was booked up.  Whew!!! That was close.

I have almost everything in order:

  • clothes packed- check
  • supplies packed - check (unless I decide to take more stuff) 
  • house sitter lined up - check
  • car serviced - check
  • excitement under control --nope heehheee


I did one small crochet project this past week while I was enjoying a few episodes of Doc Martin on Netflix. One of my co-workers has been crocheting scarves and selling them.  I found an interesting "yarn" at a local store at a great price so I decided to try it myself.  Here is the scarf:
It is actually one long strand that is folded in thirds and tied at the ends.  I love the color.  If I were a woman, I would keep it for myself.  However, it looks a bit absurd on me.  So I am considering listing it on Etsy.  Is anyone interested?

Oh yes...in case I didn't mention it - I will be in class next week and may not have internet access as this place is really back in the woods.  The last time I was there I did not have cell phone service - and if I have internet at all, that will be my internet connection.
Y'all have fun. I am hoping to bring back some fun pictures to share.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Gees Bend, originals to the core. Just like you, Gene.
Can't wait to see what you two "GBs" come up with!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Have a great time! It sounds like fun.

Lynn said...

If I were you, I'd just have a good time and enjoy being disconnected. Looking forward to seeing what you work on! Hope you have a great time!!

JJ said...

Sounds like quilt heaven. Enjoy. I am a little green.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Enjoy your class! Have loads of fun. Safe travels!

Unknown said...

That class is going to be amazing. Have fun!

Marjorie said...

Cannot wait for the report from your class. And I absolutely adore your frog and flower!

Teresa Quilts said...

I am so excited for you! I watched a program about these quilters and thought how much their quilts looked like some I've seen you make. :D I think you will be in quilter's heaven for the time you are there. Have a blast!

Barb said...

Have fun in your class...love the scarf.

Beth said...

Have fun in class. Try and keep the excitement under control. ;)
Cute scarf. I didn't know that you crochet too. Is there anything you can't do?