Monday, April 22, 2013

Playing with Embroidery Ideas

Sunday night I decided to open EQStitch and play with some embroidery design.  I used a curve tool to start and inspire the idea.  I do this in a similar way to starting a ZenTangle design.  A curved line is the basis for the design.
The nice thing in EQStitch is that I can change that curved line without erasing.
Here are the two variations of my design

They are almost identical but adding the eyes and a different nose makes the second one look more like an adult.
Bea has a cool tutorial on her blog today showing how to use  some of the tools in EQStitch.  I will definitely try using some of those tools like she shows.  I am sure I can improve my designs and get more precise results.

And just for the fun of it, here are a couple of pictures from the Gee's Bend class.




6 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

Both are really cute, but I think that I like the first one the best!

The Slow Quilter said...

Great design Gene, I will be following this blog hop.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

SewCalGal said...

Super cute Gene. Love them both.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

~Laurie~ said...

That's cool that you can create little people! I think they would look cool on a quilt label?!

Beth said...

What a cute little creation. I love the one with red hair.