Saturday, April 20, 2013

Picture it - Gee's Bend Class

I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves.  The classroom was full of creativity. All of the people in the class were friendly and willing to share both supplies and knowledge. Enjoy the art from our class.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11
 Okay, I just had to say - Yes I did do some hand quilting! There I am with Cherrye (classmate-right side of the photo) and China Pettway of Gee's Bend (on the left.)
12
She may kill me if she sees this - look at the blocks behind her....she was in a serious discussion. 
Hopefully tomorrow I will show you some of the things I made yesterday after getting back from the class.
If you are interested in the class, it is listed at  Alabama Folk School  I don't know when the classes for next year will be listed. 

6 comments:

Jennifer Thomas said...

Thanks for showing more photos from the class. Beautiful! Have a super day!

Teresa Quilts said...

Gene, I am loving your posts about your class. Love the pictures. They are sew unique! I would love to see how some of these are made. Great job!

Beth said...

All of the pieces are so amazing! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what else you made.

~Laurie~ said...

One word - WOW!

Rhonda said...

What creative folks. I know you had fun. Can't wait to see more!!

Sarah said...

Wow- you got to see real Gee's Bend quilters! I'm so glad you got to go and that we get to see what y'all did.