Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bookmark Embroidery Sew-out

Today I made this little embroidered bookmark for a friend who will soon be leaving the area.  She loves music, so I think this will be great for her.
I also got up early and cut and trimmed some of the base plantings around my house.  By 8:30 I was sweating profusely and decided that was enough for one day.  Later I helped a neighbor with an electronics project.
It was after all of that when I finally got to make this bookmark.
I hope you had a great day.



My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

6 comments:

Beth said...

That bookmark is so cool. Anyone would love to get something so beautiful.

suemac said...

Love the bookmark. Your projects are quite eclectic these days.

Sue said...

Enjoy your Summer Gene, it's way too cool here. I love your bookmark, did you know I love using the lacy bookmark you gave me when we visited you in Alabama.

Regina said...

Very nice bookmark! I see you are taking advantage of retirement, nothing like keeping busy.

Gene, I have a question. I will be visiting my home State of Alabama the weekend of July 4th and am looking for a few quilt shops to visit. I will be in the Birmingham area for a family reunion. Can you suggest any shops in that area? Not sure where you are located in the State. Thanks for any help.

Rhonda said...

What a precious gift to send her off!!

Jeanna said...

Love this bookmark Gene. I attended a Floriani stabilizer seminar last weekend and came home with TONS of different stabilizers. (Haven't stitched a thing yet!)