Thursday, June 12, 2014

Just a Glimpse

There isn't really much to post from yesterday.  We had storms again and lots of rain.  During some of the dry(er) times, I got out with the drill and a 3/4" spade bit to drill holes in a stump that needs to go away.   Part of it is already rotting. The above ground roots are up to 5 feet long or more.  Those are harder than the stump. But I managed to get a few holes in them.  One section of root was rotted and part of it came up in my hand -yaay!  This will be an ongoing project. Sigh

I started on a project I am making and you will see bits of it along. This is a machine embroidery piece that I got from Embroidery Library.
It is a lovely "knotted Celtic cross" done on a linen type fabric.  The fabric and the two green threads are a bit more green in color than the picture shows.  The color of the gold knotwork is fairly accurate though.
There will be more machine embroidery before this is finished.



My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

5 comments:

sarah c said...

Very nice Celtic cross-

Beth said...

Well stitching sounds better to me than stump removal. :)
The Celtic Cross is beautiful. Is it part of a bigger project?

Rhonda said...

Good luck with that stump. And what a great new project. Love the Celtic!!

Royce said...

Oh stumps they are a pain for sure. We had 2 trees fall last year taking out the fence on their way down. One left a big stump and the other one was kind enough to just leave a hole.
Love the embroidery very nice - makes me think of a cool zen doodle design. Really like it.

Jeanna said...

I really like the embroidery Gene. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.