Sunday, December 28, 2014

Looking Back at my Year 2014 (PART 1)

As the year draws to a close, it is a great time to look back and see what I managed to accomplish this year.

In January,  I was started working on a quilt (and it is as yet unfinished.)
 I was weaving some scarves
 And I did some embroidery digitizing.
Then February arrived.
I did some more embroidery designing for the year of the horse. And I worked on that quilt even more.


I did more weaving.
And played with some scraps


March arrived and I took a class on weaving on a Saori floor loom. 

I sewed some of my woven fabric into a vest

In April I did some fun quilt piecing,
 and made some sewing stilettos.
I also started making a decision.  It was time to retire from my day job!  So in May,  I turned in my retirement paperwork. I  also made a priest stole for our intern priest.  Here are a couple of the things I put on it. 


 In the next post we will move on through the year. 
I had no idea I did so many different things during the year. 

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I knew you did tons of different things this year. ;) And every project so pretty and creative. Happy 2015

kathyinozarks said...

Love all your projects Gene great colors

Jeanna said...

You kept quite busy Gene. And I was the happy recipient of one of your scarves. Looking forward to the next post.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a wonderful recap!! You certainly were productive - ;))

Barbie said...

Your weaving is especially lovely!