Thursday, December 04, 2014

Houndstooth and other things

First of all I would like to tell you that my secret quilt project will be shown on Monday December 8th.  As soon as I see that it is there,  I will post a link to it.   I am excited.  I delivered it to the place it will be hanging today.

I also have been doing some weaving. A friend wanted a scarf for someone who is an Alabama fan. You may (or may not) know that a certain coach for that team is known for his houndstooth hat.  Thus houndstooth is often worn by fans of the University of Alabama Football team.  I had never woven houndstooth before, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.
The "other" scarf in the photo was woven just because I wanted to try the colors together.  There are actually only two yarns in that scarf.  One is a silver gray that has a nice shimmer. The other is a semi-variegated in purples with pink, blue and even some orange in it.  I think it makes a great combination.
Neither of these scarves has been wet-finished.  I consider that an essential step in the process before I will sell or give it to anyone.

Also, remember that the Quilt Angels project is still going this year.  Some of the quilts have arrived but we still need more if you can spare them.  (See the tab "Quilt Angels" under the banner photo for more information.)  If you have questions about the Quilt Angel project or need the shipping address just leave a comment here and you will get an email from me as long as you are not a "no-reply" blogger.   I do try to reply to each comment by email.

I hope your December is going well. Peace be with you

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

love your scarves Gene

Barbara said...

I can't imagine how a houndstooth pattern is achieved, but
if anyone can, you can do it! I love the colors in the other. Be careful, just heard that a friend who weaves beautiful scarves is having trouble keeping up with the orders. ;)

craftspacecontinuum said...

Your scarfs are beautiful.

Patchwork Polly said...

Delightful!

Kathleen said...

Love the houndstooth!

Beth said...

Of course the houndstooth is perfect. I just can't belive that the other scarf was two yarns. Amazing colors.