Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Looking Back - PART 2

June arrived and I became an official retiree.  I made more chemo caps and I got my Saori loom.



I sewed some more woven fabric into another vest,
and made a small fabric box to put some of my sewing goodies in.
In July I started the call for quilt donations for the Quilt Angels project.
We also planted a deck garden with tomatoes and squash.

I was very blessed to be able to attend the classes after the International Saori Conference in Peachtree City Georgia.
Then I got the "crud" and had to rest.............so I played on Electric Quilt.
Suddenly August began.  I went to a Kai (a sort of weaving bee) and wove some fabric.
I also started another UFO quilt.
 and used some of the woven fabric to make the Nana a top.
September saw more weaving
 and some fun with sewing circles.
And yet more Chemo caps
October brought more weaving and some yarn spinning.

 the Patsy Thompson Blog hop,
 and sewing more of my woven fabric.

In November I made two quilts.  One was an art quilt, the other a baby quilt.
I also made soap
December brought time for more creativity as well.

 There was more yarn spinning.
And we delivered the Quilt Angel project quilts.
I got sick with some type of respiratory virus so I had two rather unproductive weeks... But I managed to be well enough to sing in the church choir for our Christmas Eve midnight service.

Wow... My year was more wonderful than I had remembered.   Take time to look back and count your blessings.  And yes, resolve in the coming year to be a blessing to those that encounter you.  Love and inspire people.  I promise that you will get more than you give.
'til  2015  - peace to you my friends!

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

11 comments:

Linda said...

Everything is beautiful! Happy 2015. :)

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Gene, you create such beautiful things, I really enjoyed your posts about your 2014.
I was really glad that I reflected back through my year too-a nice way to remember, reflect and get ready for the next.
Happy New Year
Kathy

Mary said...

You have had quite a year. Thanks for sharing it with us and have a very happy 2015.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And peace be with you, friend. The first year of retirement is a relaxation of schedules, trying new things, and reflection. Thanks for sharing your 2014 with us.

Barbara Arcement said...

Your year was busy and wonderful. I look forward to seeing your projects in 2015.
I made a few of those chemo caps for my cousin and she loves them. thanks to you I had a great pattern!
hugs
beebee

suemac said...

I got ambitious at the end of the year and I finished up five quilts for Christmas presents. My year was no where productive as yours.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a wonderful way to recap the year! And peace to you, my friend - have a Happy New Year! - ;))

Barbara said...

It's a contest who is more prolific, you or Kathyinozarks!

KatieQ said...

You accomplished a lot of great things this year. My favorite is the woven top you made for Nana.

Jean said...

You have had a very busy and creative year! I'm glad you are able to enjoy your retirement with such joy!

Barb said...

You did have an awesome year.....hope you are well on the mend. Glad you could sing for the church! Happy New Year!