Tuesday, December 09, 2014

The Reveal - My "Secret" Quilt

In mid-November, I won a collection of fabrics from P&B Textiles on the SewTakeAHike blog. I had said in the entry what I planned to make with them.   When I won, I needed to carry through with that plan quickly.  You may remember that I showed a couple of "teaser" photos.


Now you can go to Sew Take A Hike today and see the entire thing including the finished quilt. 

I had lots of fun making this and it came together quickly.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

No one else could have won the fabrics and made them into something this special. You are the undisputed King of Color. The young people will love it!

Thearica said...

Gene.. Your talent is amazing! I love what you did with these fabrics. I went over to see the butterfly quilt and it left me smiling from ear to ear. Great job!

Thearica Burroughs
www.stitchandquilt.com - new blog name and domain

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That pretty wallhanging will bring a smile to every face that views it. Great job designing and using that group of fabrics.

DebbieB said...

Great pictures! You quilters make such lovely enduring useful beautiful pieces.

Jocelyn said...

Your quilt is awesome Gene. Great job!

Beth said...

Great finish Gene. Wonderful colors and put together so perfectly

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

GREAT!! - And such HAPPY colors!! When I read that you wanted to die-cut the butterflies - I assumed that you had one of the butterfly dies - silly me - you cut the wings and bodies from HEARTS!! How clever!! - ;))

Kathleen said...

Love this!

kathyinozarks said...

Gene your quilt is gorgeous! I love the butterflies especially