Friday, November 28, 2014

Is it just me?

Is it just me? Or are other of my crafty creative friends not going out to shop on this Black Friday?  I far prefer to avoid the crowds.
One thing I do on those stay in days is watch (or re-watch) some of the classes I have bought on Craftsy.  
Last night I re-watched part of Laura Wasilowski's class on Handstitched Collage Quilts.
I made this art quilt from that class.

It is amazing how much we forget if we don't use it frequently.  Fortunately, once you get a Craftsy class it is yours forever to come back and watch again.  I love that feature.

I also took classes to learn free motion quilting.  So the secret quilt I am making has some pretty good quilting on it.  Here is the back of it.


Craftsy has a Black Friday Sale going on now.   A really nice thing is that you don't have to fight anyone in line to get a great deal. All classes are $19.99  or less.  Yes, really!  I saw one that was $59.99 originally - and it was only $19.99.

I am thinking these classes would make great gifts for a creative friend also.  There is a "Buy as a Gift" option and you can choose the delivery date - like Christmas eve, or maybe Christmas Day or perhaps Hanukkah or even a birthday.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

8 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I'll be staying home too Gene, I don't like crowds and I agree that it is so neat to have the Craftsy classes forever!

Barbara said...

It's not just you! I also avoid the tradition that has become "Black Friday". I believe, however, that it's much less of an "event" now that it's been watered down by much earlier openings, some even on Thanksgiving day. Perhaps it will backfire and self-destruct. Fine by me.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's not just you!! And I TOTALLY agree with Barbara - Fine by me - ;))

Beth said...

I never venture out on Black Friday if I can help it. Today I helped my DD make 9 pillowcases that she will be giving as gifts to her friends. Fun
I need to go get a class or two.

suemac said...

We braved Black Friday but no crowds late in the afternoon. Got a new die for my Accuquilt and some thread at Joann's. I did cybershop and got a roll of batting on Thursday. I also got two Craftsy classes for $30.00. What a deal.

Sarah said...

Yay for staying home and avoiding the mayhem! I didn't shop on Thursday or Friday.

kathyinozarks said...

I am with you Gene I do not shop in all these crowds. I pretty much stay away from all stores til the end of the holidays-unless I need a quick run for food.
great idea about the craftsy classes I have a few of them too-I got an email from joann fabrics that they are running a sale too on those classes

Rhonda said...

Hi Gene. I didn't do anything that required me to leave the house...LOL...I had family here so I didn't do much of anything other than kissing and hugging the grands and cooking...!!