Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Quick Update

But first if you missed yesterday's post  Can YOU be an Angel?
please go back and read it. Angels are needed.

Now,  let me show you the progress I have made on quilting the Anchor quilt.
As seen from the back
 Except for the corner triangles and the borders, it is quilted.  The color shown is not accurate as the flash lightened it considerably.

I have also spent some "resting time" with a spindle and this lovely bamboo roving that I am spinning into yarn for weaving.   When I got the bamboo it was white.  But of course I wanted colors, so I dyed some of it.   This part was dyed in a brown Rit Liquid dye.  But I "space dyed" it - submerging only parts of it. The color drifted into the unsubmerged parts creating lovely variations of shade and tones.  This now has browns, grays, whites and peachy pink bits.  I wish I had dyed the entire roving this way, but instead I also dyed part of it blue and another part purple.



My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful spun yarn and AMAZING FMQ! It makes me weary just looking at all that stitching. Can't wait to see the finished project, from the front! ;)

Petit Design Co. said...

I wish I had finished quilts lying around to send to you. In all honesty, I think it has been quite a while since I had any finishes. I can't even recall the last quilt I finished!

I really hope you get all the quilts you need. It is such a good cause. Our local guild gives charity quiltsvto foster kids here too. Every time I quilt one up it tears me up knowing that it is going to such an innocent child who has such a hard life. Makes me love on my kids even more fiercely.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

The quilting on that anchor piece is wonderful, I love the change in directions.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful quilting Gene and that is a beautiful blending of colors you dyed!