Monday, November 10, 2014

It has Started!

Today is the big day.  Kelly at I Have a Notion has taken the lead with her post for the Patsy Thompson Designs blog hop.   Kelly shows a wonderful design and has used it in a delightful project.  Tomorrow is my day.  Last night I was inspired to quilt some small pieces that I had sewn out while experimenting with the design I am using.  I will not show the design - but I will show you some of my quilting on it.  I did the green piece first and did not match the quilting thread to the fabric.


On this piece you can see where I overshot my target line a couple of times.  Seriously, in the grand scheme of a bed quilt, this is not important. (Show quilts live to a higher standard.)

Next, I quilted the two pieces I did on yellow fabric.
 I used pebbles on this one to fill the shapes.  Did I "color inside the lines" all the time?  No, a couple of my pebbles run over the edges.  Does it bother me?  Absolutely not. It gives a nice organic texture to the piece.
The second yellow piece I simply outlined the embroidery design with tiny pebbles. (No,  I am NOT showing that today - come back tomorrow to see it)
Then I covered the rest of the area with larger pebbles.  This is a bit time consuming but it really gives  a great texture.
I have two completed pieces for the blog hop and **if** I get froggy (jump to it) I may have another.  So go to Kelly's post today and come back here tomorrow for my day of the



My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

4 comments:

carla said...

Hi!!!! Looks like fun!!! Can't wait till tomorrow to see more!!!! Thank You

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I laughed out loud at your "**if** I get froggy (jump to it)" - I might use that one myself - it's a wonderful visual - "frogging" between "Squirrels!" - ;))

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Gene...your quilting is great! The pebbles look like pebbles and your other quilting looks great too and I'm not just blowing sunshine :)

I can't wait to see your project.

Smiles,
Kelly

carol said...

I am totally new and don't know if I would be skilled in any of the designs. I would have to take a big BREATHE and give it a try. I need the very easiest design. These look way too professional for me.