Saturday, November 15, 2014

Some Quilting To Anchor the Layers (+Winner)

I have started quilting on the Anchor Baby Quilt.   I decided to do some pebble quilting around the anchor to really pop out the design and add some fun texture. Over the rest of the quilt I am quilting simple wavy lines.  But it takes a bit more time because I am changing the thread color to match the background of each block or area.  Here are just a couple of pictures that I took after finishing the center section.

I have since quilted all of the light blue blocks, all of the red sections and some of the white.  I have the majority of the white to finish up on and the  navy blue blocks and the borders.

At this point, I am happy to announce the winner of the prize in the Patsy Thompson Designs Blog Hop.   The random drawing was won by Kathy E.  who said,
"Lots of lovely designs to choose from! I really like your star that you used, but my favorite is B2 Pearls and Figure 8's Wreath. I've been making tote bags for friends for gifts and I can see this design on the front next to their monogram. I will wait to finish my next one in case I win!"
Kathy has been contacted and has already received her prize.
Thanks to everyone who commented.  I truly enjoyed this blog hop.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

6 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Thank you, Gene, for offering this great prize! I have plans to use it soon and I know I'll love it!

Barb said...

Your pebbling looks great!

Barbara said...

Your FMQ is awesome. This will be a great quilt!

Teresa Quilts said...

I have really seen how well your FMQ just keeps getting better and better!! I love it! Great job, Gene!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations, Kathy E.!!
===
The pebble quilting adds a wonderful texture to the piece - and I like that you didn't take the easy way out and quilt it all in white. Changing the colors to match the background may be time-consuming but I think that it is time well spent - it looks GREAT!! - ;))

Beth said...

The pebble FMQ looks awesome and so perfect for the anchor block. I really like the waves too. Did you do them free hand? or do you have that wavy ruler?