Saturday, January 10, 2015

Fiber Day - Video

Saturday was the celebration of ROC Day or St. Distaff's day. This is a celebration dedicated to the spinning of fiber into thread or yarn.

 There was a "spin, knit and crochet-in" held at an art venue called Lowe Mill in Huntsville, Alabama.
I invited my friend, Dave, to go with me and do some video. The guy is talented and got people to talk as well as demonstrate.
Here is the video.  It starts with me spinning on a borrowed wheel - a Schacht Ladybug where.  I enjoyed using this wheel quite a bit.




The lady I have listed as "Terri" in the video was very nice and willing to talk.  I am uncertain of her name.  If you see this and would like me to correct it, please let me know.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Happy St. Distaff's Day! Love the video. Your friend did a fab job.

Beth said...

What a cool video. And a great way to celebrate.