Thursday, April 16, 2015

Big Dream Project

Over at Field Trips in Fiber, Vicki is running a  Big Dreams Project link up.  My big dream project was to weave enough fabric to make a coat. I wanted it to be somewhat light since I wouldn't wear a heavy coat often in Alabama.  I had a design in mind but a visit with another weaver changed that when I tried on a design she had made.  It is unconventional -especially for a man - but I loved it.

So I took the yardage I had made and sewed away.
Here it is on a hanger:
I  hate to say that it looks better on the hanger than on me. But, well that is the truth.   Here it is on me.

The fabric is mostly cotton but due to the draping fabric it is warm enough for what I had planned.
What are your big dream projects?

Big Dream Project

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Awesome! What's your next dream? Now that you know you can reach you dreams the dreams can become bigger!

kathyinozarks said...

to make one of these! I love this pattern style and to perfect my spinning skills-I have lots to spin with now-and then weave with

Barbara said...

The only reason it looks so good on the hanger is the lighting is more even and the pattern more visible. The hanger doesn't look as happy as you wearing it though!

QuiltShopGal said...

Gene, this looks fantastic on you and you are a very good looking man with a smile to dazzle anyone. Don't say it looks better on the hanger! You are a great model and you make wonderful things. This is total #CreativeGoodness to the max, that just looks better with you wearing it.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Average Quilter said...

That is awesome. You can honestly say you made that from start to finish

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I love your fabric, Gene, it's gorgeous and so creative. Then to make a coat out of the fabric is taking creative to the next level. Excellent work !~!

elle said...

awe, it is a great dream and you are one happy dreamer. I'm still gathering my ideas and techniques.