Thursday, April 09, 2015

Heading that way

I have slowed down in quilting, but I certainly haven't stopped.  I am addicted to the Anita's Arrowhead blocks.   These will definitely become a quilt.  I have decided to stick with batiks and possibly add in some solids.  So far I have only used batiks.
Right now I have a lovely "nine patch" of them although they are not joined.  Every time I make one, I am amazed at how well it works out. I am thinking that I will do four patch groupings of them with a sashing around each four. patch. Adding the sashing will allow me to do the quilt as you go  method that I love to use.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

These are very pretty blocks!

QuiltShopGal said...

I love your colors and I'm enjoying seeing this quilt come together, block at a time.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Marjorie said...

I love your colors and they are so different than mine. I have almost 30 blocks done. Getting the seams pressed so they will "interlock" when blocks are sewn together took me a a few blocks to figure out. I can't wait to see yours and mine. I'm addicted too.

Debbie said...

You are on a roll here....and your blocks are beautiful. Sometimes things just absolutely click and the design takes off. I think you are there.

Average Quilter said...

You can't go wrong with batiks and those blocks are awesome. It's going to be a great quilt. Can't wait to see it finished

Barbara said...

Looking great! Every time you post this block, I say I MUST try it! Maybe today!

Lynn said...

I made a quilt using Anita's arrowhead block a couple years ago. I just used two fabrics for my quilt. I like yours better since you are using multiple fabrics.

Marlene said...

Very pretty. I love those batik fabrics.

Have you ever considered trying to combine elements of your quilting and Saori weaving in one item? Might be interesting.

kathyinozarks said...

these will make into a stunning quilt-

Kathleen said...

Oh these are beautiful!!

Barb said...

I just love these!!