Friday, April 17, 2015

Starting to look like ......

It is starting to look like a serious quilt here.  There are now 21 of the Arrowhead blocks sewn and 4 of the Old Italian blocks for a grand total of 25. . The nice thing about making the Italian blocks is that when you cut them out you get pieces for two blocks - a positive and a negative version. So I need to concentrate on making those at this point.

The Twenty Five made so far. 
 Those multi color batiks can make the blocks look distorted a bit.  I find that interesting - but I am not changing them.
I have other things going on now also so it may be a couple of days before I get back to these. Meanwhile, have a wonderful weekend.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

8 comments:

Pat said...

What a fun-looking set of blocks! I know you love batiks, too! Can't wait to see it finished.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It looks GREAT! I like the addition of the Old Italian Blocks - and, to me, any "distortion" is part of the charm of batiks - ;))

suemac said...

Very pretty color combos.

Jeanna said...

It is looking great, Gene. So the Italian blocks are serendipitous...lucky, no waste!

Vicki W said...

Pretty! Have a great weekend.

Barbara said...

Loving the batiks, and no, don't ever change something interesting!

Marlene said...

I love the look of the two blocks together.

Do you send your tops out for quilting or do you do it yourself Gene?

Unknown said...

I love these blocks Gene........