Monday, April 06, 2015

Two More

Batiks are so hard for me to resist.  I saw a couple (really it is three of them) in my stash and decided to make two more of the "Anita's Arrowhead" blocks.   They are pretty easy and they are a lot of fun.  Mine don't come out absolutely perfect, but that is fine by me.  I don't plan to enter quilts in quilt shows, so any quilt police can politely move on.
Here are my two blocks.
I used the same purple batik in both blocks but the green/cream batiks are different although very similar.  I love the way the designs and colors played out and added surprises in the construction of  the two blocks.  The blue parts of the batiks really got shown off nicely. The right hand block shows some pink in the batik that I didn't notice until the block was completed.

I hope that you are having some fun playing with fabric or fiber today also.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

11 comments:

Marjorie said...

I love these blocks. After your last post, I made a block--and then it turned into 25. Now, I've got to make enough for a whole quilt. I am alternating pieced blocks with plain background squares.Thank you and Anita for the inspiration.

suemac said...

Those blocks look good to me. Have fun playing with more batiks.

Average Quilter said...

I am such a sucker for batiks. I really like those squares - can't wait to see the quilt

Barbara said...

Haven't tried that block yet, but I must! Your batiks are so pretty in purple, which happens to be my favorite color family these days. Isn't it amazing how different colors play off each other, making the purples look darker?!

kathyinozarks said...

I love batiks too-last year I ended up selling my large collection of them-just not enough time for everything I want to make now-and batiks should not be sitting on the shelf--that is a great block for the batiks

Jennifer Thomas said...

Hello Gene! I haven't visited for a while. I've sewn a few of those blocks, too, but never in batiks. I love look you got, especially with the purple fabric. Have a super day!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Shoot! Now I want to make some more! My test block didn't come out absolutely perfect either - but I don't care - and the quilt police can keep their thoughts to themselves - they are still FUN to make - ;))

Barb said...

I think your piecing is awesome....I am thinking of doing some of these...looks fun and the batiks are just awesome.

Starr White said...

such beautiful colors! these designs blow me away as I am timidly contemplating trying to sew a nine patch!!! watching you tube videos.............

JaNeanne said...

My husband is making a Quilt of Valor out of this same block and likes how quickly it goes together. Using batiks makes for a stunning block!

Jeanna said...

Batiks are my absolute favorite fabric work...uh...play with :) Your blocks are lovely, Gene.