Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Progress - i think I am in love!

With one piece quilted,  I got going on piecing the blocks to make the rest of the quilt.  Thus, I have progress to show you.  I still have a way to go but I am loving this quilt.  (It is rainy and dark today so the picture is a bit dull.)
As you can see,  two of the giant four patches have not yet been sashed (and you can see my ugly linoleum floor. )
I decided on a layout in Electric Quilt.  I exported a photo of the layout so i can get to it quickly when I am trying to decide which way to put the blocks. (ignore the colors)

  Truthfully, I will probably have more of the Arrowhead blocks in it since I already have more of them made.  Since the blocks are so similar, I don't think it will be obvious with my wide variety of bright colors.
 I have also been weaving away.  I finished a piece of fabric for a newsboy type cap.  I have commissioned a friend to make it for me. She has already worked out the pattern and even made one for a "large head" for someone else.  I got to try that one on and if it wasn't already sold would have taken it.  It will probably be a few weeks before I get the cap, but I will be showing it off when it is finished.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

9 comments:

Jeanna said...

The blocks look great and the quilt is coming along nicely. I like the layout you have planned as well.

Can't wait to see your new cap!

Julianne said...

Thats one beautiful quilt Gene! Nice job, keep goin!

Vicki W said...

The quilt is going to look very cool.

kathyinozarks said...

I am loving this too-your blocks and the layout-anxious to see your new hat with your handwoven fabric-cool

Barbara said...

Gene, nothing you ever did was obvious! With all the colors you like to use, nothing ever stands out as special, it is always ALL special. So, you need a big head hat? That's a Seinfeld moment, you and Elaine should start a club. ;)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I love your blocks and your colors and the layout you have chosen - REALLY nice!! The similar-but-not-the-same blocks add an extra touch of interest and makes it even more special!! - ;))

Debbie said...

This one is a keeper, Gene! Love the mix of block patterns, and your colors are just perfect for it. Keep on rolling.

Average Quilter said...

I knew it was going to look good. Very nice

Marjorie said...

I am loving the way this is coming together. Mine is together and quilted--not bound. Will have pics later this week, but it is very ordinary compared to your beauty.