Saturday, December 26, 2015

Finally!

Why "finally?"  Because, finally I can show this piece I made for someone.  It was bought as a gift so I have waited over a month to show it off.

This is an art quilt made with a horse silhouette. The fabrics are all hand dyed pieces purchased from Vicki Welsh on Etsy.  Vicki is my go-to shop for hand dyed fabrics.  The black is not solid but has some visual texture to add a bit of ooomph to the work.  The blue and orange/tan for the background was a gradient dyed piece that I cut up for this. I love the woven path section as well as the thread painting I did on the horse's mane and the edges of the sun/moon shape.

I mounted this small quilt on a piece of foam core that I then attached to a stretched canvas so that it will hang nicely and show as a work of art.  - Oh yes, that "wooden frame" - that is some hand dyed fabric also. I thought it was perfect for this piece.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

4 comments:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

Love the quilting. You can be proud.

suemac said...

Very nice. Great job.

Kathleen said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure the recipient will love it.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Very nice, Gene! The frame is indeed perfect! - ;))