Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Playing with Quilt Designs

I have been playing with some quilt designs.  I played in Electric Quilt so I could have images easily of what I am thinking of.

This was my original design -with lots of contrast.
But it is a baby quilt so- there was a thought of doing it with beige, pink and lime green.
Then I decided to play with chevron stripes.  First a basic three color chevron stripe.
Then I thought "What if.....I split the squares with the accent colors?"

Then I thought "But if I use two different neutrals/beiges, and split it....."

 So which do you like best?

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm not big on the chevrons.....they make my eyes do funny things. I do like the split squares idea.

MarthaVA said...

I like the split squares one - 4th one down on the page. Cool idea to play with them electronically first! :-)

Lynn said...

For a baby quilt I love the basic chevron stripe. It's striking, easy and fast. I like to make baby quilts that will be used so I don't want to spend a lot of time on them.

Jeanna said...

Either of the last two would make a nice baby quilt.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Good grief - more "Squirrels"!! I like them ALL - but especially the first one - it's very striking. And I agree with Lynn - for a baby quilt I love the basic chevron stripe - easy and fast - ;))

Linda C said...

last one is really striking but I also like the simplicity of the one above it. No help, I know! Which one is YOUR fav??

Marlene said...

I like the first two, but perhaps not for a baby quilt? For a baby I prefer the last one.