Tuesday, May 15, 2018

More Improv Quilting

Several months ago I was playing with pattern repeats using some Spiderman fabric.  I happened to notice that the blue fabric with squares in the other improv blocks had the same colors and similar values and tones.  So the test pieces became the beginnings for some more improv blocks.
By adding strips of the same fabrics in the other improv blocks, it was easy to make the blocks all work together.
This one is still a little bit undersized, but I really like where this is going at this point.  The other one still needs several rounds of strips to get to size.  But I am still playing with the fabrics.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I do like that palette!

Jeanna said...

Oh yes! Those are going to go well together.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those look really good! - and playing with fabric is always fun - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

I have done blocks with six and eight cut repeats but one of these days I want to try a square like this one. Spiderman will have trouble recognising himself in this one.

Pamela Arbour said...

Your blocks are looking good. I am looking to see more of them and how you make them into a quilt!