Thursday, May 10, 2018

Paint surprise

The run off from the painting that I liked best did this:
Yes, it formed cells. Yes, it is far more interesting than the canvas.  I am hoping that it will stay and dry in this form. You see, acrylic paint on a smooth surface will become a plastic film that can be peeled up and used in collage.  I am thinking that I could collage this right onto the painting that it dripped from and make it better. 
Sadly, when I went back after typing this, it had all shifted and run together into a muddy mess.

The other small cups of paint were still liquid so I poured more paint over the piece that I didn't like.  I still did not get cells, but I did try.   I wonder if I will be able to develop this into something interesting.  Right now it is more "Massacre at the O. No Corral."   ha ha.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I laughed at your O k corral comment. I'm sure you'll find a way to use the montage.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Sorry about the pretty "cells" disappearing - but the muddy mess with the extra paint is interesting, too. It's very colorful even though it isn't what you originally intended. Love the "O. No Corral" name - too funny - ;))

Jeanna said...

O. No Corral...haha. I'm sure you will find something creative to do with your 'mess' :)