Saturday, July 14, 2018

Bamboo Spinning

I have been spinning some bamboo fiber into yarn on my spinning wheel. I will show you more later. But, for now, this is the photo I have of it.

There is a lot more on that bobbin now but I am not stopping to take another picture.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

But you stopped to post a post - LOL - sorry I couldn't resist - heehee - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

I've got bamboo coming up in my garden but it doesn't look like that!

Pamela Arbour said...

I would like to see the raw materials that you use to spin the bamboo yarn. I think you got our curiosity up! Do you buy the materials or do you start from the bamboo plant?

Jeanna said...

Oh I'm digging those colors!

Lyndsey said...

I love the colours but Like Pamela I want more information on the raw materials. I am so interested in the process.

Barb said...

That is interesting, will have to look bamboo fiber up.....pretty colors.

Marlene said...

I'm kind of tired of spinning wool and other protein fibres and I'm considering branching out into bast fibres like bamboo and cotton. Did you find it difficult?