Saturday, April 13, 2019

A Little Construction

Over a month ago, I had the blocks made for the LHQSQ 2.0 quilt along.  Then life got in the way.
Early in April I was in an accident and was diagnosed with a cervical injury.  I will be fine, but it has certainly slowed me down.  I am doing physical therapy and trying to regain my strength fully. (That means doing the therapy exercises daily. And I am being compliant.)

For now I can only do so much at a time to avoid causing a flare up in the neck and shoulder. But enough "whining."  I did manage to cut some sashing strips and setting triangles for the top.  I also sewed all of the rows.


As you can see, I still need the other sashing strips and cornerstones to complete it. But, I have learned when to say "That is all I can do today." and then stop.
My plan is to use leftover pieces of the Kaffe fabric for the cornerstones.  I love the bright and happy feel that the combination with the turquoise fabric gives it.  I am undecided about adding an outer border at this point. Once it is all together I can make that decision.

I don't think I will ever get tired of making sampler quilts.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that you were in an accident! You can "whine" all you want - just take care of yourself. You seem to know your limits - so that's good - hope you feel better soon!

Your turquoise sashing and side triangles is VERY happy and cheerful - it's a wonderful choice to show off the Kaffe fabric. Could I suggest maybe a PURPLE or ORANGE border? - ;))

Jackie OBrien said...

Very cute. I love samplers too!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The older we get, the longer it takes to recover from injuries. Being consistent with the therapy exercises is so important and it does take time away from the fun stuff. Your quilt is very pretty and looks great without a border. Now back to my shoulder exercises.......

Barbara said...

Ditto Wanda! The older we get, etc. I’m sorry about your misfortune, Gene. I’m sure you will do as told, and thankfully you have quilt-making to enjoy along with recovering. It’s looking great, beautifully colorful. Being undecided as you go is always fun. Improvisational quilt-making!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately I've been hit several times in the past, but was lucky to not have any injuries, other than soreness. I hope you recover quickly. Don't overdo anything.

Frog Quilter said...

Accidents are not allowed lol. However the new top is looking gorgeous. It will stunning when finished.

Debbie said...

Oh nl...sorry for the accident and injury. Stay with the PT and be patient. It takes time. Love the quilt as it is so bright and cheerful.

Barb Neiwert said...

You have won half the battle by listening to your body and knowing when enough is enough. Now if I could learn that lesson.... Your sampled quilt is turning out to be a beauty!

Kathleen said...

This is going to be gorgeous and the scrappy cornerstones will be so much fun. Glad you are being compliant and listening to your body. You will heal faster that way.