Saturday, April 27, 2019

Getting There -LHQS 2.0


The Left Handed Quilter Sampler quilt was started in January. Today it has become a top.

I knew when I started this quilt that it would be made on an "as time allows" basis. I am happy that it has become a top already.  There are 32 pieced blocks in the quilt.  It is set on-point with sashing and cornerstones.  Most of the patterned fabric in the pieced squares are Kaffe Fasset fabrics.

 Quite possibly there will be a border added to this top.  That will make it easier to square up without losing points off the on-point squares.  Once again, there is no rush to finish this quilt.
The friend holding the quilt for the photo said "the colors in this are really pretty."  I agree wholeheartedly.  I am loving this one.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Looks fantastic, I love it!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - I LOVE the colors in this one!! Thanks for playing along with my sampler quilt-along - it's fun to see the variety of blocks that you made and the colors you used - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice colors. The aqua makes them pop.

Barbara said...

This is one of those quilts that you never tire of viewing because every time you look at it, you see something new! Itsstunning, Gene, I also love it.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the aqua color. Beautiful!

diane said...

Nice and bright super beautiful colors. I've been sitting here smiling while looking at the quilt which says to me that after the gray day we had here it's like the sun came out!

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your background. It made a really nice quilt.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful top that casually came together in a short period of time - a double blessing.

Vicki W said...

I love that bold aqua sashing!