Monday, May 20, 2019

DaisyChain is a Quilt Top

Alison at Honey Bunny and Doll quilts released the final block and top design for the mystery quilt.  So I hurried along and got mine completed.   This is a really nice design.

Of course, as usual when I went out to take photos, the wind decided to "play" with the quilt top.
In this photo I am under the quilt top as it blows in the breeze.  You can see the edge for the roof line at the bottom right of the photo.

Before the glamour shot,  let me tell those of you who haven't done this step yet what I did wrong- hopefully you won't make the same mistake.
While sewing the sections for the cross blocks,  I carefully sewed all of the side pieces together - the wrong way!
I sewed every one of them like the left section - but they needed to be like the right section.   J.S.R. (Jack the Seam Ripper) and I had a bonding session and played frogger.  (rip it, rippit) I sewed them all the correct way - but I did remember to take a photo before I fixed them all.
The only other oops was that I sewed one star block in the wrong orientation - so J.S.R. and I played frogger one more time.

Next was the photo session with the top hanging on the line at the end of the car cover.
It was never completely still as I was taking these photos, but I think you can see the design very well anyway.
Still blowing

That's better!
I love the purple chain going on one diagonal with the scrappy batiks forming a different type of chain going on the opposing diagonal.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

15 comments:

Alison V. said...

Your top looks fantastic, Gene! I absolutely love the purple chains!

Linda C said...

LOL what SHE said. The chains are so dramatic across the top and love the colors. Bold and eye catching.

Carol O said...

Looks Great, love the colors!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your top!! Now I wonder what it would have looked like if you had LEFT the LEFT sections alone and rotated those blocks - LOL - ;))

Lori said...

I love it!

diane said...

It's great Gene! Quite the eye catcher.

Barbara said...

I agree, it’s beautiful! How did you do that?! I mean, you broke all my rules for using colors and differing fabrics together. That was enough, but then you used tons of orange (my least favorite color) with my favorite purple, horrors! Yet, it’s GORGEOUS!

Pamela Arbour said...

Love how it turned out. I have made a few mistakes like that recently. I think I have spent way too much time with with my J.S.R.! I personally like to see the quilts blowing in the wind. Thanks for pointing out the roof edge and angle. That was some strong wind though! We have had some really windy days as well lately.

Debbie said...

Great color combo! Very striking to catch the eye.

Jeanna said...

This is a very bright and happy quilt, Gene. I've been doing some sort of stitching but been out of blogland for a while. It's nice to come back and see something so uplifting.

Barb said...

Oh, I love that top....and yes, I think most of us can say we have sew in the wrong way but hey...that is what a seam ripper is for (joy of joys).

For the love of geese said...

I am not an orange fan but I love what you did with the orange/yellow/purple. It looks great.

For the love of geese said...

Oh, and thank you so much for linking up with me.

Vicki W said...

Daisy Chain turned out great. It's so bright and happy and I absolutely love orange!

Pamela said...

Wow! That is totally awesome! The colors are totally amazing - well done!