Thursday, May 30, 2019

Sneak Peek-What Am I Doing?

As you may know by now, each month the Island Batik Ambassadors have  a challenge.

The June Challenge is called "Try a Technique" - I have tried lots of techniques over the years with varying degrees of success.  You have probably seen some of my failures "learning experiences" as I am pretty open about the fact that I am not perfect.

Paper piecing is a technique that I have tried before. In fact it was my gateway into quilting. But then I learned that sometimes, I just can't manage the "reverse" positioning that is required for it.  So,  I am using paper piecing in my June challenge, but it will not be the technique I am trying. I still have a surprise for you with that.

Here is part of my paper pieced project. 

It has worked out great so far.  All of the fabrics are, of course, Island Batik. The pattern is from a Craftsy---oops BluPrint-- class by Toby Lischko: Clever Curves:Piecing Techniques.  The class is pretty great.  I have actually sewn curves that come out correctly thanks to some of the techniques she teaches in the class.  So I am confident that when I sew all the center pieces and outside pieces to these paper pieced sections, it will come out correctly.  I will say that in the class, she recommends a different way to piece this using freezer paper, but I did it the traditional paper piecing.  After all, my work, my choice!


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

Looking good! I love the sneak peak and am curious as a cat to know your new technique. Time to get on mine today!

Quilting Gail said...

I guess I'll wait to see what you've done! No betting this time! :-)
Good for you trying pp again!
Happy Quilting! :-)
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

Barbara said...

This looks so great, I love the fabrics and colors! Kudos for using a traditional method that you like better than one dictated. Different methods work for different people! I know I will love this completed project, I’m a fan of paper piecing. :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your Foundation Paper Piecing! I'll have to check out Toby's class. For now - I have my own way of doing it - LOL - and it works for me - ;))

Turid said...

This is looking so good. I love your fabric choice. Looking forward to seeing it all.

Rhonda said...

Hummmm, this looks very interesting. I loved paper piecing but haven't done it in many years. Can't wait to see more of what you're doing!!

Vicki in MN said...

Well you got me curious about what you are up to!

Barb said...

You have peaked my interest.....love what you have so far.

Kathleen said...

Love it so far!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love paper piecing, but you do have to pay attention to get everything lined up correctly.