Monday, May 06, 2019

Nine Patch Stars - Daisy Chain Quilt Along

Today, Alison at Little Bunny Quilts released the instructions for constructing star blocks with the parts we had made and cut in past installments of the quilt along.

 These cut pieces 

were made into four patches
and some quarter square triangle blocks that I apparently failed to blog about. 
They were made with the yellow focal fabric that I chose. 
They became the star points for this bunch of blocks

I have to say that I love these stars.  The only difficulty I had was keeping the purple  lined up for the chain.  I had to rip out a section or more - one from a finished block - and re-sew them. 

Of course I still have these units left 
and these four patches

I am wondering how they will be used in the quilt. 
I guess I will just wait and see. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Alison V. said...

These look great, Gene!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your stars - and the blocks used for the star points - very clever! Your focal fabric is perfect - this is going to be a HAPPY quilt - ;))

Kate said...

Very bright and fun!

Quilting Gail said...

This is going to be one cheerful quilt!
I, too, am wondering how it will turn out!
Happy Quilting! :-)
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca