Friday, November 22, 2019

A little Bit of Piecing

Things happen and life gets busy. Sometimes I don't have either the time or the inclination to sew on a given day. 
But I did find a bit of inclination and some time to sew.  I have a project for December in the works and part of it has been in the "hmmmm, what do I do next?" stage for a while.  But as I was sitting in my recliner playing a game of solitaire,  ****WHOP****  the muse struck me.  The answer was so simple.  I had some strips that were already precut to 2" wide. Those were cut into 3 1/2" sections and pieced into rows.  Ooops, well it seemed like a good idea - but if I flip one and put it against the other one the middle color matches.  (the muse speaks) - " Silly boy, add one more piece from a sixth fabric."  I found a piece of the same line and added it.   Now I have four of these sections.

Perhaps in the next few days I can take these and add them to the project. 
Of course you may be noticing that these are Island Batik fabrics.  All but the yellow are from the Electric Desert line by Jackie Kunkel.  The yellow is an Island Batik blender. 

This will likely be a part of my December Challenge quilt.  So stay tuned to see what becomes of these lovely strip sections.

I also have a plan to make a quilted binder cover.  I found it on Happy Quilting.  Melissa made hers for a recipe binder, but mine will be for my music notebook.  I collect songs for playing on my ukulele and jamming with my brother who is learning guitar.  If mine is  a success, I will make one for his binder also.  And just like that I will have one Christmas present sorted out.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - just like that!! Good for you!! I'm looking forward to seeing what your December challenge turns out to be - what you have so far looks very interesting - ;))

Barbara said...

I love these purples and lilacs, and the way they peacefully meld into each other. They in true Gene style, you inserted the eye catching yellow. Love them together!

Frog Quilter said...

Yellow is always a happy color... the color of the sun. Keep going it’s beautiful.

Barb said...

I have to say Gene, that we both love brights...love this and glad you had an Ahhhhh moment....can't wait to see it finished.

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

How intriguing! The fabrics look so happy blended together with that yellow. I'm curious to see how the binder project comes out. Have a fabulous day!