Sunday, November 10, 2019

Binding Ready to Apply

"How do you eat an elephant?" the little girl asked.  Her wise old grandfather replied, "A little bit at a time!"

This quilt is coming together "a little bit at a time."  True, there is no elephant involved.  Still, when you are so busy with other things in life, you can still fit in a creative project in the time that you do have.  For this quilt, I chose a lovely yellow fabric for the binding.  This one is called Tossed Mermaids from the Islander line by Island Batik
Isn't it fun and whimsical?
It was difficult to use this fun design and cut it up  because I know as a binding you would not see the mermaids.  But the color goes very well with my blue and yellow quilt.  So, I cut it.


The binding is rolled up on an empty Aurifil spool waiting until I have time to sew it onto the quilt.  I used the same yellow variegated Aurifil thread to join the binding as I used for quilting.
I will also be using it to sew on the binding and sew it down. I love this thread! 

Remember that you can find time to fit some creativity into your day. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Gene, you are so right. I have been moaning or was it complaining for ages that I have no time for sewing or other creative hobbies but I decided at the end of October that enough was enough. Since then I have done something creative every day and also written a blog post most days.My paid job is getting done, my house is still looking clean and my family are loved. The yellow fabric you're using for the binding is very pretty

Kathleen said...

Nice binding tip - the old aurifil spools. As I was messing with some ribbons yesterday, I was wishing I had a few to wind some ribbon on!

Frog Quilter said...

Gene creativity everyday for even ten minutes makes all the difference in how you feel and it all adds up to a completed project.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your yellow binding fabric is very cheerful and will look great on your blue/yellow quilt. I agree - creativity in any way/shape/form certainly makes a difference in my day. All of those little bits add up to bigger bits - and more scraps - and more UFOs - LOL - ;))

Barb said...

I loooovvve the yellow

Barbara said...

Love your mermaid fabric choice, Gene. Fun to follow along. Might the next post show it completed?