Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday Face Off June 24, 2022

Welcome to another week of the Friday Face Off.  This is a "challenge" that I find very satisfying.  This past Wednesday, I showed the basics of how I start these faces.  

I am linking up with DVArtist.  You can go to her blog to visit other "Face Off" participants. 

Here is today's face: 
Pablo

This fellow has an odd little mustache and beard. I don't know how well it shows, but I attempted to give him dimples.  I purposefully made part of his face askew, because I think it is more interesting. 

I used an interesting fabric, I think it is batik, for the background.  Most of the other fabrics are hand dyed, but there is at least one print, a solid and a batik there also. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh Gene. Everytime I see one of your quilted faces I am in awe and happy of heart. Your are amazing. Mr. Linksy is now up. I can't believe I forgot to put the HTML in. duuuhhhh.... Thanks for joining in.

My name is Erika. said...

This is another fun face. You do some amazing abstract quilting of faces Gene.

Barbara said...

Ahhhh…another of your special two-faced creations, Gene! I like his facial hair and dimples. These creative faces would fit right into
a Picasso exhibit!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You are so VERY creative! I loved your tutorial and have to ask - What happened to the "alien"? Do we get to see him next week? - ;))

Christine said...

well done Gene!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So happy to see another of your quilted faces Gene, love that goatee beard. The batik background really sets this quirky face off fabulously. Thanks for sharing.
Happy FFO Tracey x

Rain said...

Very creative Gene! He has a Clark Gable look to him...maybe it's the moustache...or his eyes! Well done! ☺☺

Jeanna said...

I totally see the dimples and love the goatee. You are having fun and it shows!